Azure Data Engineer
As a Data Engineer you are responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, monitoring, and optimizing data platforms to meet our customers’ data pipeline needs.
- Setting up data pipelines and data stores that are high-performing, efficient, organized, and reliable.
- Minimize data loss and make even the most complex data accessible for business analytics.
- Applying monitoring and analytics solutions to optimize the performance of analytical systems and data loads.
- Implementing the highest security controls to ensure that our customers’ data is protected at all times.
- Closely collaborating with Data Scientists and BI Professionals
- You obtained a higher degree in Computer Sciences, ICT Engineering or similar.
- You preferably have a few years of professional experience in a similar role or have a large interest and personal experience with Data Engineering.
- You have strong communication skills and can express yourself to both Business & Technical colleagues, both spoken and written in English, knowledge of French or Dutch is considered a strong asset.
- You have experienced with and understand big data concepts and approaches like Data Lakes, Data Warehousing, Data Pipelines, …
- You have hands-on experience with cloud computing, preferably on the Microsoft Azure stack. You have ideally worked with products like Azure Data Factory, Azure Event Hubs and Data Lake. Additionally, you have experience using products like Databricks, Sparka, Scala, Snowflake, PySpark, …
- You have experience with relational databases and SQL
- You have knowledge of reporting tools like Power BI, Tableau or R Shiny.
- Experience with stream processing is a plus.
- You (ideally) have experience with micro services & event-based architecture (event store etc.)
- You have experience with webservices and REST API’s
- You are a mature person, analytical in nature and education, have a high sense of responsibility, take initiatives and are able to work autonomously and commited in a team, but you don’t take yourself too seriously either. You are able to handel pressure and deadlines
- You have worked already in an agile environment and are used to remote work
- You are an active learner and are passionate about proactively discovering and sharing new AI, Data Science and Data Engineering related technologies